Provide safe, attentive instruction to all customers as they learn to fly the Jetpack, while monitoring other important aspects of the training process, such as fuel levels, GoPro camera settings, life vest fitting, equipment status, etc. Assist with set-up and clean-up before and after training sessions and demonstrate the flying ability of the Jetpack, as necessary. Position offers possible travel to other Jetpack flight centers to assist with operation training and set-up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing jet ski and Jetpack or Flyboard for training day
- Flying Jetpack or Flyboard demonstrations for learners, as necessary
- Equipment and safety overview
- Operating remote throttle for all first-time flyers
- Communicating with flyers via helmet walkie-talkies
- Monitoring battery levels of radios, transmitter, helmets, etc.
- Demonstrating the capabilities of the JetPack for media, television crews, etc.
- Performing water rescues, as necessary
- Cleaning Jetpack or Flyboard, flushing unit, washing hose and pack
- Performing routine maintenance (filling fuel, changing oil, replacing spark plugs, etc.)
- Bringing Jetpack gear up to the office after washing
Qualifications & Requirements:
- CPR certification required
- Boat PWC License strongly preferred
- Boat, Personal Watercraft experience required
- Ability to multi-task required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Ability to handle stressful situations required
- Patient, detail-oriented personality required
- Reliable transportation
- Clean driving record required
– Prior training/instruction experience preferred
Hours & Compensation
- Summer Season up to 7 days per week casual basis
- 8am – 6pm – usually daylight hours only
Pay rates under the National Marine Charter Award
Locations Sydney – Gold Coast – Perth – Central Coast – Sunshine coast
More Advanced pilots can apply to the Demonstration team at Nitrojetpacks.com
You might also want to look at the Aerial Watersports Association of Australia for more information on the industry.